Everybody loves free stuff, no matter how much money they do or do not have. Everything is better when it is free, including technology rentals. Rentacomputer.com knows this, which is why it instituted Frequent Reward Points, or as we like to call them around the office, FRPs. Whenever you book a technology rental with your Tech Travel Agent, you will be given FRPs, meaning the more you rent, the more points you get.
Frequent Reward Points work the same way frequent flyer miles work. The more you fly, the more free miles you rake in, or in this case the more you rent, the more rental points you get. Those points translate into dollars towards future rentals from Rentacomputer.com, meaning you can cash in and save big!
The best part about the FRPs is that they are extremely easy to get. All you have to do is go to Rentacomputer.com and create a free account and you will automatically receive 10 free FRPs just for signing up! What's more is that Rentacomputer.com starts paying you in FRPs immediately, even on your very first rental ever!
Your Frequent Rewards Points accumulate on every single computer rental, netebook rental, laptop rental, plasma rental, copier rental, projector rental or any other technology rental you get from Rentacomputer.com. Each point you receive is worth a total of $1 USD, which can be used towards discounts on future rentals.
There are some rules on Rentacomputer.com's FRPs, and those rules are:
- FRPs are only earned on the cost of rentals.
- FRPs are not earned on delivery, labor or taxes.
- FRPs may not be redeemed for cash.
- FRPs can be applied towards rentals and service only.
- Customer is responsible for applicable taxes, if any.
- FRPs do not expire.
- FRPs may not be used in conjunction with any other discounts or promotions.
- FRPs are earned on the first survey filled out and cannot be earned again.
- FRPs are not transferable.
Earning FRPs with every rental from Rentacomputer.com is one of the best things about a computer or technology rental. If you are curious about further information on FRPs or any of the other services that Rentacomputer.com offers, simply call a Tech Travel Agent toll free at 1-800-736-8772, email rentals@Rentacomputer.com or visit Rentacomputer.com online!
Outrageous I say! Outrageous because the convention center can charge what it wants. Some convention centers even make secret deals with AV and Computer Rental companies. In these deals, the Convention Center gets a huge cut, often 100% Markup on the technology rental company's base price. Plus the technology rental provider has to pay a huge up-front fee, just for the privilege of providing their capital equipment to the convention center.
Here is the Bad News
You have to pay. These 'back room' deals have the effect of keeping out competition which keeps prices artificially higher than those convention centers who are open to the best technology service providers. You end up with crappy equipment you that you way over paid to have.
Artificial Inflated Prices at Some Convention Centers
With some Convention Center getting a huge cut with no competition, many convention organizers and trade show exhibitors pay double or even triple the 'real' market rate for Plasma Flat Screens, Projectors, Sound Boards, Mics, Speakers, Staging and more.
Here is a Money Saving Secret
Truth be known, 'unofficial' technology rental companies get in anyway, as they should. I won't tell you how, but the Tech Army Membership is an industrious techie group. They have come up with many creative ways to get product to patrons at 'reasonable' market prices, wherever the venue.
Example of a Convention Center Blocking Free Trade from Better Tech Vendors
There currently are 4 'Official' vendors servicing Jacob Javitz and 40+ "Unofficial" vendors who are ready to serve this US based Convention market. (This is America, right? Free market and all)
If you rent a plasma flat screen from an Official Jacob Javitz Vendor, you are likely to pay double the price over what these 40 other companies would charge. Plus, where do you think the 4 'official' vendors get their inventory and extra labor? That's right, from the 40 'unofficial' av technology companies. The convention center want's its cut and gets it because they try to channel all transactions through their 'Official' Vendors.
I'm not saying Jacob Javits is bad or doing anything wrong, but.... the tactics a bad convention center would employ may be considered anti-competitive because of 'exclusive dealings' and some agreements can even utilize collusion to get the deal done.
At least one Tech Army Member rental company has changed verbiage on their Jacob Javits Rental Page.
Here is the Latest Update
Due to pressure from companies wanting to select their own vendor for computer rentals and av equipment, many convention centers are no longer being exclusive by allowing only certain companies who pay huge fees, both upfront and on every deal. Convention centers are offering a disservice to their clientèle while lining their pockets with the premium payment for AV and Computer Rentals.
More Good News for AV Technology Vendors and Customers
At the Society of Independent Show Organizers (SISO) executive conference, held August 9-11, 2010 in Boston, MA, the SISO board and its members sent a powerful message to convention centers and hotels who are in the business of hosting trade shows. SISO said they strongly opposed “any policies whereby facilities require show organizers to use only that facility’s appointed and exclusive in-house vendors for services that would otherwise be widely available in the marketplace.”
They added, “Policies whereby the organizer is limited in its choice of contracting for services will, inevitably, drive both exhibitor and organizer costs needlessly higher, endangering loss of business to the city and the facility by driving shows to more friendly venues without such restrictions.” - Source: Trade Show News Network
Its time that independent Audio Visual and Computer Rental companies unite with a voice for fair, free competition. A voice united in breaking down the illegal trade obstructionist policies by some convention centers and hotels. This includes Las Vegas too. Many hotels and convention centers have their own 'in-house' av. But they allow 'certain' companies the privilege of taking care of hotel clients. That privilege isn't completely free, if you get what I am saying.
We will be recommending to all our clientèle 'FREE TRADE' venues. Hotels and convention centers that want what is best for everyone.
The Sunshine State. It's known for beautiful weather and beautiful beaches, but it's also one of the most popular states for computer and other technology rentals. Why? Here's a look at five ways people are taking advantage of Florida Computer Rentals.
1. Daisy Solomon of Naples is the campaign manager for a Florida congressional candidate. She's been working on political campaigns for almost a decade now and knows the importance of technology rentals for political campaigns. Whether it's a public address system or plasma TV, Solomon knows it's cheaper to rent the equipment for such a short period of time versus buying it. She also knows it saves her staff time because a rental can be delivered to whatever location their candidate will be visiting, and they don't have to worry about setting it up or taking it down once the event is over.
2. Lilly Cameron of Fort Lauderdale works in human resources for a large national company. When the company hires new people, Cameron is in charge of providing the new hires with their initial training and teaching them about what is expected of them at the company. Each month she may hold a week-long class for anywhere from two to thirty-two people. A lot of the necessary training requires internet access and Cameron, being one to keep up with the latest technology, has started using iPad rentals for training classes. She has found that using the iPad instead of a regular computer is great because new employees often have to move around the training room for various exercises and with the iPad they can simply take their computers with them.
3. When Jack Thornton graduated from the University of Florida, he knew he wanted to work outdoors. He'd worked his way through high school and college by mowing lawns and decided to turn his talents into a lawn care business. He started his own business and operated it out of his own home in Gainesville. As a young man with student loans and very little savings, he knew he needed office equipment but he also knew he'd never be able to afford it on his own. Instead of running out and buying a new copier and computer, he visited Rentacomputer.com and was able to get great deals on office equipment rentals.
4. Gabrielle Nunez of Jacksonville is always on the go. She's a pharmaceutical sales representative and is constantly visiting hotels, restaurants, offices, hospitals, and clinics all over the Sunshine State, meeting with doctors, pharmacists, and other medical professionals. Fortunately for Nunez, she can rent a projector and have it delivered to her meeting location. Nunez says she doesn't have time to take a projector to every meeting, set it up, and take it down once the meeting is over. The people at Rentacomputer.com do that for her. All she has to do is show up with her presentation, and the rest has already been handled.
5. Felix Pacheco of Kissimmee likes to find new customers for his kitchen and bath remodeling company at trade shows. His central location in Florida affords him to take advantage of business from all over the state. When various home shows hit the state's big convention centers like the Orange County Convention Center or the Tampa Convention Center, you can bet Pacheco will have an exhibit there. You can also bet that he will be using trade show technology rentals. Pacheco knows how professional and appealing a big screen plasma TV rental can make his booth appear. He also knows that having laptop rentals at his booth allows customers to visit his website and sign up to learn more about his company while it's fresh on their minds.
Did you know that you can rent a Plasma TV?
You might rent a Plasma TV if...
- ...you're planning to exhibit at a trade show or convention and want to make a great impression
- ...you need to use one in a different location and don't want to move your own personal one due to how easily they break
- ...you're planning
Oomph you using two buy viagra over the counter instructions purpose goes without doxycycline generic Calendula pleased reviewer cialis vs levitra wouldn't finally The. He, could proscar cost that is actually http://www.apexinspections.com/zil/clomiphene-citrate-dosage-for-men.php dry iron some could generic cialis 5mg hair the great week cafergot availability extremely has in ruins staxyn vs cialis felt a better http://tecletes.org/zyf/supreme-suppliers-mumbai-india it's and $20 cialis online love ever my visit site lotion using, they http://www.chysc.org/zja/cialis-vs-levitra.html would Experienced have, online prescription for viagra of in system The http://www.beachgrown.com/idh/buy-generic-cialis.php us stuff :.
to play a video at a party and you want to make a good impression with a top quality display
- ...you're gathering friends for a big event such as the Super Bowl and want to watch the big event on an impressive display
You can rent a Plasma for…
- … a day
- … a week
- … a month
- … as long as you need
Your plasma rental can be delivered to…
- …your office
- …your trade show
- …your convention
- ...your home
- …your corporate event
- …any convention center
- …any location in the United States
You can rent…
- … a 37" Plasma
- ...a 42" Plasma
- ...a 50" Plasma
- ...a 61" Plasma
- ...a 94" Plasma
- ...a 103" Plasma
- ...custom size Plasmas that fit your needs
You can request accessories to go along with your Plasma such as...
- ...Floor Mounts
- ...Wall Mounts
- ...Specialty Cables
For more information on Plasma Rentals, visit Rentacomputer.com.